Purity Photo and video studio at 11 Gbenoba Street, Agbor was on Tuesday afternoon burnt down by fire.


Narrating his ordeal, the Director of the studio, Mr. Shedrack Yusuf said because there was power failure, he decided to go to a photo laboratory to print some of his pictures.


According to him, while he was away, power was restored, and the fluctuating nature of the light blew up his stabilizer from which the fire started.


He said nobody could go into the studio because the door was locked, adding that by the time he returned from the laboratory, the fire had eaten deep into the studio destroying virtually everything including three large photo cameras, industrial fan and other things estimated at the cost of seven hundred thousand naira.


Mr. Yusuf disclosed that kind-hearted neighbours and friends helped him to put off the fire before the arrival of the fire service men.


He said that though he is not happy about the incident especially for the destruction of his customers’ pictures, he is very grateful to God for using people to put off what would have been a disaster if the fire had extended to the other parts of the building.

The photographer thanked everyone who took part in extinguishing the fire especially those that risked their lives by going into the burning studio to stop the fire from spreading to the rest parts of the building.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


7 + 7 =