A five year old boy was recovered from a kidnapper, on the 19th April, 2012 at the early hour of the day, in Owa-Alizomor community in Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State.

Speaking to newsmen, captain Agbo, the Army Commander, in charge of Agbor Zone, narrated the story. According to him, "the little boy who is five years old, whose name is Uzoma Friday Agbara, was with the younger sister, who is also about four years old, spraying clothes outside their compound, very close to the main road, when the suspect whose name is Blessing Igbosoto, a 200 level Delsu student from the Department of Geography and Regional Planning from Oviere town in Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State, came and covered the mother of the boy and took him away, while the younger sister raised alarm. This attracted other people that went after him. The suspect, in the process of seeking for safety, ran into a nearly building to hide himself. The people alerted the Army in charge of Agbor Zone and they immediately went over to the scene and got the suspect arrested.

The grand mother of the kidnapped boy, Mrs. Blakey Akpara, told Ika Weekly that she thanked God for the recovery of his son, who has no father and also thanked the Army Patrol Team for their quick response to their call.

Narrating his own part of the story at Ika Weekly office, Mr. Sazi Destiny, P.A. to Honourable Justice Ehiwario S.A. Retired, said "I was coming from Owa-Oyibu, when I got to Owa-Alizimor, I saw a crowd of people and I decided to stop to see what is happening and I asked a boy, who said they caught a suspected kidnapper, I saw people gathered round the boy, beating him and I spoke to the boys to stop and I congratulated them for a job well done. And I picked up my phone and called the station officer (S.O), Owa-Oyibu Divisional Office and I narrated the story to him on the phone to send his men to the scene, to pick up the suspect which he did immediately, so when his men arrived, the angry youths of Owa Alizomor refused to hand over the suspect to the police. However, they said they will hand him over to the Army, which in no distant time, the soldiers showed up with their platoon commander captain Agbo and took the suspect away, after interrogating the youths and the parents of the victim.

Speaking with the suspected kidnapper, Blessing Igbosoto, he pleaded innocent, and was begging for help and said he does not want to be killed.

As at the time of filing this report, the suspected kidnapper is undergoing treatments in the General Hospital, following the injuries he sustained from the mob, before full investigation would be carried out by Security Agents.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.