It was indeed a great loss for the family
of Hon. Mrs. Alice Ojie of Owa Oyibu, Ika North East local government area on
Monday, 8th July, 2013 as their residential building located at 28, Osian
Street, Boji-Boji, Owa was completely razed by fire.

the sad incident to newsmen, a tenant who was in the house, at the time the
fire started at about 12 am in the midnight, Mr. Okocha Monday said “I was fast
asleep, when I heard my neighbours shouting fire, and I ran out immediately for
my safety.

my properties and valuables worth thousands of naira were destroyed in the
inferno. The most painful aspect of it was my International passport and s
documents that were burnt by the fire. In all, I still thank God that my life
and that of my neighbour are spared. I am using this medium to call on the
government and well meaning individuals to come to our aid and save us from
this hardship.”

with newsmen, the owner of the burnt house, Hon. Mrs. Alice Ojie, who  resides another house along Osian Street,
said it was at 12:00 midnight, when she received a distress call, that her
other house was on fire. She said she immediately took her fire extinguisher
and called fire service but all to no avail.

appealed to the state government, Ika sons and daughters to support her in this
trying moment. She gave thanks to God that no life was lost in the incident.

Ujeh, a tenant also stated that she travelled to the village the night before
the terrible incident occurred but on arrival the next morning, she discovered
that all her belongings have been burnt by fire.

at the time Ika Weekly team visited the scene, some of the residents who spoke
on the condition of anonymity stated that the fire must have been caused by a
tenant, who is a black market kerosene and fuel seller.  


/* Style Definitions */

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.