The home of
Chief Dr. Prince Yomi Oduselu Hasan, the Ekwueme I of Akumazi kingdom was agog
penultimate weekend as family members, friends 
and well wishers joined the Yoruba born prince to celebrate his victory
over an allegation leveled against him by those he  addressed as his enemies.

            The well attended ceremony which
took place at the Ihaikpen quarters, Ime-Obi, Agbor residence of Chief Hassan
was indeed glamorous as there was enough food and  drinks for all who came to consume.

            Narrating his ordeal, Chief Dr.
Hassan said, “I am delighted and happy to welcome the whole of you to this
special day in  my life. I was arrested
on the 19th day February 2013. by interpol. 
officers led by a Superintendent at about 6pm, with a warrant of arrest
and petition  from a reputable law firm
in Lagos. I was taken to Alagbon Force headquarters, Kalakuta republic,
Victoria Island, Lagos by the police officers who were on mufty. At Alagban, I
was told that I was arrested for human trafficking, robbery, cultism and fake
drugs. The police officers with searched every corner in my house
including  my living room and toilet,
looking for a proof to nail me. Almost all the valuables in my house were taken
along with them to Alagbon. We got to Lagos at 4am in the morning as we drove
all the night. When we got to Alagbon I was asked to write a statement based on
my connections in Duba, Holland and other countries” in Europe which I did. The
copy of the petition, names and identity of the 
petitioners were presented to me. I was detained for three days inside a
single cell but I was not tortured. I was later granted bail under a strick
condition that I was to report to Alagbon from Agbor twice in a week pending
when investigations will be over.

            After their investigations which
lasted from 19th February to 19th August, 2013, I was freed.

            Chief Dr. Hassan disclosed that
during the trying period, he lost money, time and friends, who were  afraid of being roped into the issue, saying
that he alone faced the temptation and was vindicated and freed on the 19th

            He said he was freed because his
petitioners have no evidence to prove the allegations leveled against him.

            He disclosed that after exonerating
him from the charges his international passports, files, certificates and other
personal belongings were released to him and his frequent travel to Lagos ended
that day.

            “God gave me victory over the
enemies of  progress. But while I was
thanking God, I received a very sad news from home that I lost a beloved one,
who unfortunately i may not be able to pay my respect to and also a jewel that
I valued so much. However, the loss later turned to freedom because  I will never compromise my traditional right.
I remain grateful to God for keeping my life till date. I will never change my
life style that is my secret. I thank you all for coming. May God bless you

            He concluded by announcing “I have
declared 19th August every year as my day of freedom. Even after my death my
children will always celebrate it.


/* Style Definitions */

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.