AGBOR-NTA,  AGBOR (Ika Weekly)  – When people say “goodnight” to one another, they are optimistic that the night will be spent peacefully, and eventually break into a new dawn.
This expectation was cut short on Sunday night for the Oriseh`s family in Agbor-nta Ika South Local Government Area, when a mysterious fire broke out, in their house claiming the life of 13-year old boy, Ejime Oriseh, and leaving 5-year old Mariam Oriseh badly burnt.

Speaking to Ika weekly, the father of the children, Mr. Joseph Oriseh said he was woken up by a frightening scream from the children s room at about 3:00am, and only to rushed there see his children on fire.


Confused and frightened, Mr. Oliseh said he went into action, trying to save the victims who were in great pains.


According to him, the children were immediately rushed to the hospital, but Ejime died at the hospital later that day because he was seriously burnt at the chest area. Little mariam is still receiving treatment.


When Ika weekly reporter visited the scene of the incident, it was shocking to see that there was no sign of fire outbreak in the room.


The question on everybody’s lips is how the fire that claimed human life did not leave a single mark either on the wall or the ceiling.


Mr. Oriseh, though morning his son was thankful to God for sparing mariam`s life, saying that loosing two children at the same time would have been more devastation for the family.


On the source of the fire, Mr. Oriseh said it is still a mystery to him as no specific cause could be deduced, pointing out that the kerosene lamp which could be a possible source was intact.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.