ABAVO (Ika Weekly) – Tragedy struck the family of Eginiwe and the entire staff of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Abavo station, when 39-year-old staff of the company was electrocuted, while performing his legitimate duties.


The victim, Johnbull Eginiwe who hails from Ekuku-Agbor, lived in Abavo, while his wife and children reside in Ekuku-Agbor.


He was allegedly instructed by his boss to repair the fuse on high-tension cable wire that connects the 33KVA transformer at Abavo, located at Igbogili, where he unfortunately met his death.


According to an eyewitness account, Johnbull Eginiwe was with one Mr. Dibie John, his co-worker before he moved to Igbogili and it was John Dibie who called one Mr. Osunde a senior staff of PHCN to switch off control switch light from Agbor power station, which Mr. Osunde obliged.


The eyewitness also said that one Okada rider who carried late Mr. Eginiwe to Igbogili, Abavo, waited for him as work progressed but that suddenly the light was switched on from Agbor power station, without informing or waiting for Johnbull to complete the work, and he was eventually electrocuted.


The question at the lips of the family and indeed members of the public is who switched on the light when information has been given to the staff of PHCN Agbor station that Johnbull Eginiwe was working on the same Abavo line?


Meanwhile, the remains of late Johnbull Eginiwe has been deposited at a private Hospital Mortuary at Abavo while police investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of Johnbull is going on.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.